View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
KiyoshiJoz
Yorkie Yakker

Default In Loving Memory of Tiffie (Sept 2009-June 2011)

Hello all,
I’ve just lost my baby girl Tiffie today
(Actually at this very moment as I am posting this since it is my girlfriend who is bringing her to the vet-> why? Please read on)
She was just 1 year and 9 months old when she departed us
She was the bravest pup I’ve ever known, fighting against a myriad of disease and sickness before succumbing to a condition known as “Congenital Heart Disease”- specifically a hole in the heart or VSD
I say she was the bravest also because there is a short story behind it and if you guys don’t mind, I’d like to account it here because I want her to be remembered
2 Nights ago, she was fighting for her life and she almost “left” us
Her pupils were dilated and her limbs were rigid and straight
All signs pointing to the fact that she is leaving us

However, after a few moments she suddenly acquired a surge of energy.
My girlfriend and I thought maybe it was the final lease of energy before she “leaves” us.
However she did not go and naturally my girlfriend and I were confused and not to mention sad
Seeing her go through this kind of pain and yet she was so stubborn and refusing to let go although we told her that it’s alright to go.

My girlfriend thinks that maybe there were some things left that she hasn’t done.
(In Chinese culture, we believe that when a person has not done something his/her heart desires so badly, they couldn’t leave)
It then occurred to me that since I was studying overseas, I have not seen my little girl for 9 months now.
I felt guilty as hell and cried like a baby.
And today we decided to end it for her because we really do not want her to suffer anymore
It was the toughest decision we ever made so far
And it was worse for my girlfriend because she has to do it since I was overseas
But we both know it is for the better and this was necessary so that our little one will not have to suffer anymore
She was young, brave, courageous, naughty and cuteness all bundled into 1 joyous bundle.
This is her story. This is our Tiffie, our brave little tiger.

**note: Yes I do still feel really guilty for making her wait for me, and the fact that I couldn’t be there till her very end shreds me to pieces. I really hope I can get through this.
I know for a fact that there will not be a single day I won’t think about my little bundle of joy.

I thank you guys at this forum for having me although it was only for a short period of time
I remember I came to this forum seeking problems to some of the sickness she was facing
It is also ironic that the only post I’ve made was the introduction of little Tiffie and now I am starting a new one at the RIP section
I hope my girlfriend and I will get through this and hopefully we will find it in our hearts to share the love that we have given to little Tiffie with another one (=

**Here is a short video that I’ve made in her memory (=

http://www.youtube.com/v/hqnjevrNr3o?hl=en&fs=1

Last edited by KiyoshiJoz; 06-24-2011 at 06:31 PM.
KiyoshiJoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!