Thread: Am I wrong?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Foster Mom
YT Addict

Default Am I wrong?

My little foster girl who is 8 had her spay and dental today, actually let me back up, my former foster girl, she is now ours, my DH failed fostering.

Well the vet called and said they had some complications, they could not get her into a deep state of anesthesia and everytime they tried to give her more her heartrate dropped. She was in such a light state of anesthesia she overrode the breathing machine and was breathing on her own. They did not clean her teeth as well as they would have liked because they just wanted to get out and wake her up, she had her spay and this is the part that makes me very angry, they said because of the light plain she was on they do not know how much of her spay she felt, she was not out enough to have not felt anything, so why would they not have opted to forgo the spayu, it was not a lifesaving operation, she could have survived without being spayed. I am fuming mad that she felt them cutting into her and taking parts out....

They sent her home with the strongest narcotic they have bu something, I have to squirt it on her gums as that is how it is absorbed, then they are sending tobegesicf as well so incase the heavy narcotic does not help her I have to give her this stuff too, they are just concerned about pain management because of the way she reacted to the anesthetic they are not sure the pain meds will be as effective as they should be. She also had 7 teeth pulled and may need her 2 bottom canines pulled in time, but again she was not sure and just wanted to get out and wake her up.

Then they charged me 400.00 for the pleasure of torturing my baby girl. I was not going to pay the bill but they would not give me the dog or her meds until i did. I am filing a complaint with the veterinary board frist thing Monday.

Am I wrong for being mad and thinking they should have opted to forgo the spay?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!