View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #13
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyBritt View Post
I wish we had a scale to weigh Bentley on so I could monitor his weight. He looks healthy and not skinny or overweight. He does have a good waist line. I guess if he's not losing weight or looking thinner and thinner I don't have anything to worry about. I just hope his appetite picks up. I would love for him to eat everything on the plate when I give it to him but he's never been one to do that. I guess he's just one of those dogs that are reserved when it comes to eating.
I bought a fairly inexpensive ($30ish) postal scale online that I use to weigh mine regularly. If they're gaining, I cut back. I haven't had any problem with them being underweight :O

The scale I bought has a fairly small base, but I set a basket on it, zero it out, and then drop them in the basket. It works great. I found that even scales in vet's offices varied, so I feel better about weighing them on the same scale every time.

And for the record, my 9-pounder eats 1/4 cup twice a day, half-kibble, half a good home-cooked blend.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!