View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
DevineMissM
BANNED!

Put her in a box like a cat litter box or sweater box. Place the heating pad only under 1/2 of the whelp box. you must keep the blankets from bunching up and smother her. What I do is take a bunch of layers of newspaper folded in half. Then I wrap a towel around the bunch of papers. This makes the towels impossible to roll up and also it keeps the heat somewhat even. The newspapers hold heat. The temp of the whelp box (inside) should be 95 to 100. If she is cold she will move onto the heating pad. If she's too hot she will move away. Do not feed a cold puppy as it will kill them. A normal happy puppy is quite only crys when it's hungery or needs potty. And they have a kind of restless sleep. They flinch while sleeping.....this is very normal activity. A sick puppy is crying and/or very very still while sleeping. do not coverup the puppy. Keep her bedding warm and the air around her warm. You can cover the WHOLE box to keep the drafts away. Give her a furry stuffed animal and/or a "rice sock" to cuddle with.
DevineMissM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!