View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Matthias
Currently Suspended!

Angry Please Help! How Stop Yorkie From Marking...On Bed!

Hello there,

Well I'm finally at my patience's end. I have a wonderful baby boy Yorkie... about 13-14 months old now. Prior to him I have brother and sister Yorkies 4 years apart. They are 10 years and 14 years old. He is #3 of Tribe Yorkie! We're a small pack, but we travel light and attack fast!

Anyway, baby boy(BB) has been marking on the bed for about 4+ months, maybe more. The female, 14yrs, doesn't sleep with me, but in her own beds. The males sleep with me on the bed most of the time, but sometimes sleep in their own spots... usually in the bedroom.

Baby boy(BB), approx. 14 months, usually don't mark on a flat spot on the bed, but piled up blankets and on 4 occasions, the pillow. I am now a professional bed spread and blanket washer, with the exception of the pillows of which I throw away.

On about 4 occasions, it was a full urination, but the others it was marking. If I remove all the bedding and pillow, everything is fine, but I'm getting tired of it. When I find a spot where he marked, I call his name and he knows from my voice that he's about to be scolded. He comes when I call, then I pick him up and put his nose right up very close to where he peed for about 5-8 seconds, then I say "NO NO... NO NO... NO NO." I don't believe in hitting a dog for obedience or to teach them a "lesson". I know he can smell it, as he's not neutered and his pee is more pungent.... and I can smell it easily. After this I make a show of taking all the blankets, etc, and remove them and take them downstairs to be washed.

I wanted to give all that info to help better with getting some suggestions, etc. I understand the subject of territory and marking, so forth, but how do I stop this activity? He's a very smart little boy and I keep telling myself "He'll learn." So far, he hasn't.

Please, I need your help!

Matthias
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!