Thread: Miso update
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
Kimchi and Kitt
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Miso update

I took Miso into the vet again today. They are going to hold off on vaccinating him for another 2 weeks. Today he weighed exactly 1 lb

The dewormed him, and checked his ears, he has a bacterial infection in both ears. They showed us on the camera and he has a lot of puss down inside. I have an ear wash for him once a day, and antibiotic drops 2 times per day. His Kennel cough is still pretty bad. They gave him antibiotics for the next 6 days a little stronger than the last, he had a nebulizer treatment, and I am going in every day for 2 weeks for 20 minute nebulizer treatments. He also will take 2ml of cough syrup every night before bed.

Kimchi was microchipped today, but they are going to hold off on his 4th vaccine (in Korea its a 5 step but they only give 4 on post) since he has been sneezing.

I updated the other post about Miso, he didn't eat or drink for 1.5 days and the on post vet refused to see him. They said it didn't sound like an emergency. We went downstairs to talk to the people we got him from and they wanted to take him back until he was better and we said no way. They were going to keep him away from human contact and he would be alone for 12 hours in the night time. When we insisted they do something (since this week alone has been +200$ in vet bills) they gave us the cough syrup, which we then got the OK to use by the vet. After the cough syrup he had a big relief from coughing and started eating boiled chicken and scrambled eggs and drinking again.

Poor little guy has had a tough run, he is so young too, about 5 weeks, but I am determined to give him the best care possible. He usually coughs to the point of retching but today he is doing the best so far.

Here is a video of his kennel cough the first day when it was still very mild. The two days after this, were hell for me and Miso.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!