View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
stl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default peeing/pooping outside?

I am afraid this is another thread on potty training. Our Teddy is 14 weeks old and got all his shots recently, so we started taking him outside to do his business. Since we live in an apartment block, he'd never been out before like this (he was always in my arms or in his carrier). So he's pretty curious and excited exploring everything.
My husband and I work during the day, we can only take him out in the evening. We try to schedule it like this: we will have dinner, then he has his meal and after cleaning up, we take him out. Since being able to walk outside is something new to him, he's pretty curious about everything and checks out every corner and every tree. But the problem is, he NEVER pee or poop outside. It seems like he is saving it all for our apartment!!
I always make sure he drinks plenty of water before and during our walks, he eats his meal before (no pooping before our walk!!), and he gets treats as reward for something he does during our walk. I always carry some treats with me so I can reward him for peeing or pooping, but never had a chance to reward him for this!
How do I encourage him to go outside?
stl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!