View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
GoofyBritt
YT Addict

Icon2 Amount of food he should be eating?

How much food should my 7.8 pound yorkie be eating? We've been feeding him a crappy (not nutritionally balanced) home-cooked diet and just switched back to kibble, Blue Buffalo Small Breed. He is barely eating anything of the kibble, I don't know if he's holding out for something better or what. But it's only been a few days since we started the kibble.

How much should he be eating? The bag says 1/2 to 3/4 cup per day. He's not making much of a dent in the food each day. I am weighing the food and it seems he's only eating maybe 5 to 8 grams of food per day. Should we just continue to leave it down for him since he eats sporadically throughout the day or should I feed him at specific times during the day?

He's always been a picky eater, and rarely chooses to eat kibble, even as a tiny puppy... I hope we can get him used to eating it. He was interested in eating it when I added juice from a can of chicken to his kibble. But didnt eat more than a few grams of food then. How much should he be eating?

Last edited by GoofyBritt; 06-22-2011 at 04:52 PM.
GoofyBritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!