View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
shodanusmc
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleys Momma View Post
Please send me his information as well. Just a word of advice, make sure folks writing to your future marine is aware that he is not officially a marine until he complete boot camp. Until that time, he is a recruit. You do not want DIs to have any reason to target your nephew for additional harrasment... oops, I mean training!

BTW, don't know if you are aware but there is an awesome support system for marine families. While he is in boot, you can go to recruitparents.com. Look for his location (whether San Diego or Paris Island) and then search for his grad date. You can talk to parents of recruits in the same class who are going through the same concerns/issues/frustrations/fears! After he graduates, you move over to marineparents.com and can hook up with others based on where he is stationed, etc.

Signed,
One Proud Marine Momma
Mamma, that is very true. Sure are a lot of good support groups and infomation out there today. I remember my first day, a post card to let them know I was alive, and got to make a fast call. OCS was even worse. Then again, all the training in the world and you still walk into your first combat situation totally clueless. But that is another story. Congrats on your Marine serving. Semper Fi
shodanusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!