View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #60
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I am so sorry for all that you and Cassie are going through, Lou . My heart is with you both, and I know how much you love her.

Can I ask you a question...did you already say why the eye needed to removed? In other words, was the eye getting inflamed from the cataract and too painful (and unable to heal, obviously)? I was hoping to know this bc Wylie has one cataract, and I know his Ophthalmologist said how vulnerable cataracts are to inflammation...and we have to give eyedrops every other day to prevent inflammation. His cataract is now at 90% . I can't recall what his Ophth said about if the eye should eventually be removed...or, when?
I think Wylie will be fine and I'm so sorry to hear that he has cataracts. Cassie developed glaucoma in her right eye and it was a while before we realized we had a problem It progressed quickly and the meds the dr gave us didn't help for very long. Pressure behind the eye was the problem, not inflammation. The pressure caused blood vessels to burst behind the eye and the pressure was just too painful to even think about. Both eyes had cataracts but I don't think they are a prelude to glaucoma but I will certainly as the vet when we go in to see her again. My biggest hope is that Cassie doesn't develope it in her left eye too. I just hate putting one of my little ones through surgery.

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!