View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Sounds like you need to start potty training from the beginning again just like they were puppies again....I would confine them, don't let them have run of the house...pick a potty area you want them to potty at and stick with it...potty pad training, outside training or litter, you have to pick one and stick with it...to many will only confuse them....To me potty pad training in the house...says to them its ok to potty in the house and as you know they don't always hit the pad...Mine are potty trained for outside...I confined my pups to a play yard and every 2 hours I took them outside to potty...I would say lets go outside to potty...I didn't let them play outside at all during training...so once they did their business it was back into the house...I would let them play for awhile before putting them back in their play yard...I always took them outside as soon as they got done playing or eating/drinking...while outside I would say go potty for peepee and hurry up for poop...they quickly picked up on where I wanted them to potty and when I did finally give them full run of the house, they come to me and let me know they need to go out by barking at me.

And my Bella is like your pups she doesn't like to go out in the wet grass in the morning...miss priss will not get her feet wet..LOL....so on one side of my house hubby laid some flag stones out there and thats where she goes in the mornings...once the grass is dry she'll go anywhere than LOL.

But I would confine them in a play yard or xpen, start your training over from the beginning, take them out every 2 hours or so...make sure you give treats for good potty behavior and tell them they are good boys/girls everytime don't stop not even when you think they are fully trained....Potty training is a 24/7 job that never ends, you must reinforce daily and their potty training success starts with you. And when you do have them out of their confinement area don't take your eyes off of them, if you catch them..say NO and take them right outside and say go potty good boy/girl...letting them know its ok to potty outside and that make you happy...throw a huge potty party show them how happy you are that they pottied outside....good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!