Thread: Kennel Cough
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Kimchi and Kitt
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Oh my gosh! Less than 6 wks?! I looked at his little piccie, and I thought he looked extremely young as well. I would definitely ask the breeders here what you should do in order to keep this vulnerable little guy safe and alive in terms of nutritional needs. He needs frequent feedings - and they can recommend the best option.

Did the breeder give him a kennel cough/bordetella vaccine? Bc that vaccine can actually *cause* kennel cough - and should never, ever be given to a newborn.

I hope little Miso heals quickly. He is so darling. Another thing I'd suggest is making sure he has a stuffed 'Mama dog' for comfort and security. Since he will miss out on the socialization process given my his Mama - it would help to mimic some of those actions so that he can be secure and learn what he will miss if he was still w/ his fur Mama.
hey! We live in South Korea, and things aren't really the same here. They don't have reputable breeders as much as the states. If you look up South Korea dog breeders you will come up with "puppies for sale"

And they also forge paper work here, so they sell the puppies very young. It was something we knew when we decided to get a dog here. He is our 2nd from the area, and the other has been great. I know a lot of people dont understand why or how you could buy a dog in the conditions they are here (puppy mills are not uncommon) but we are in a country where eating dog is still a practiced tradition =(

Anyway thank you for your input I have been cuddling him a lot, holding him, and the vets here are very good with this young of dog, since its normal. His condition did seem to get worse though which has been worrying me. He coughed all night and the only thing that brought relief was to sit in the bathroom with the hot water running. That would stop his cough for a few hours. He spit up his antibiotics this morning also.
I think I am going to give the vet a call and see if there is anything they can give him for the cough. I listened to his lungs also with a stethoscope and they sounded junkie, possibly like pneumonia. I am no vet, but I am a nurse and I have heard Pneumonia many times. The vet told me this could happen, and that if he wasn't getting better by our check up on thursday that we will try something else.
We are going to talk to the couple we bought him from, the wife spoke really good english and tell her the situation and show them the bills and ask if they can help pay, or what can they do. They have a 14 day "return" policy but im not interested in returning my baby, I want to make him better. Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I will keep updating.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!