Thread: Kennel Cough
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Kimchi and Kitt
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Kennel Cough

Last night Miso started coughing. It sounded more like a "honking", so I youtubed some videos and saw it was very close to dogs infected with Kennel cough viruses.

This morning I woke up and called the vet on post, and they said to treat him they would need to test him for distemper and parvo and they were out of the kits. They gave me some shady directions to an off post Korean doctor.

About an hour later I found the other vet, after driving around in a taxi. The clinic was very nice and several of the employees and vets spoke very well english. He guessed also that Miso was probably younger than 6 weeks.

Well the good news is its neither Parvo or distemper! Poor little guy received an antibiotic shot, and went into the nebulizer box. he will be on antibiotics for the next three days two times daily, and go back on thursday for another nebulizer treatment.

He is currently being held away from Kimchi, even though Kimchi is fully vaccinated, and they hate it! kimchi is sad without his playmate.

Keep little miso in your thoughts for a speedy recovery!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0006.jpg (45.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Kimchi and Kitt; 06-19-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Kimchi and Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!