View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

It's not a bad idea to change clothes and shoes before coming home.

I'm in similar environments all the time (vet office, ER, spay/neuter facility, rescue) and have made a personal decision to not do the above. Ellie goes with with sometimes and I'm in scrubs while needing to take her out to pee, so she is exposed anyway. And she spends the day with me right around other animals sometimes. And when she goes for tests and if they decide to have her walk (or lay against their shirts), then again she is exposed to things. And outside also... I have not had a problem with her getting anything, but I'm not really concerned about it either. I believe she is covered against most serious "catchy" things and the rest I'm not too worried about treating.

By the way, if you are getting the heartworm injection, you may want to check and make sure that it covers intestinal parasites like the monthly ones do (and that you are comfortable with the use of this drug at all - it was taken off teh market for awhile and the inactive ingredients were reformulated - it caused hundreds of deaths).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!