View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

Default Perfect dog except for the peeing!

Ruger is now "almost" potty trained. I think the big problem is I'm semi retired and like to sleep late. He'll run around the house all day and be fine. I'll take him for a walk and he pees and poops like a good boy, but during the night he'll sneek upstairs and pee and poop on the pads I put out where he started peeing and pooping. Now he pees usually on the pads but often just near them. Sometimes, rarely, he will go to the door and let me know he has to go out.

This also concerns me when I take him anywhere. If we go inside a home, office or business I pick him up for fear he will pee on the floor or wall like he does at my girlfriend's house.

Any ideas? I'm thinking of going back to square one and start crate training him again, but he's now sleeping either in my bed or his bed. He's one and a half if that makes a difference.

FYI, I don't say or do anything when I see what he's done in the house. If I catch him I do startle him and put him outside or on the pads, but I rarely if ever catch him in the act. He's neutered and I do my best to completely clean up his messes.

Last edited by ziggy925; 06-18-2011 at 07:15 PM.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!