View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Princess10
Banning Queen

Thumbs down Just saw Princess snarl for the 1st time ever!

...And she's almost a year & a half old!

My BFF came over with her 9m.o. son & brought her Boston Terrier, Rascal, too.
We live in the same complex so we've been to her house quite a few times & have met up outside to walk together, etc. before. Princess has always received him well. She does bark like crazy at other dogs outside on the property but that's really it.

So he came in & they took off running-she does this, playing, in turbo mode. My friend came in, set a huge can of beer on the coffee table & Princess flies up there sending the beer everywhere in my L.R.! Basically because she is scared? Once we cleaned that up & I tried to make it smell like less of a brewery I sat down & tried to hold Princess. Rascal stayed back from her maybe 2 ft. We noticed she is showing her teeth! She also tried to lunge at him, luckily he's so passive, he'd just dodge her.

She's never done this in her life, ever. She gets along with my moms & two sisters dogs, 2 of were are bigger than Rascal. Was she just doing this because we were at home? When I gave them treats Princess sniffed him then played a little for a bit, then she went back on the defense a short time later. I'd like to add another yorkie, probably in 4 years, is this a sign it'd never work?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!