View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
vcabbyw
YT Addict

Default Training a 5 yo Yorkie to use Pads & Outdoors

Its becoming more and more obvious as the years pass that Turbie is NOT okay with going outside to do her business in the rain. And well, being in Oregon, it happens alot. Shes now becoming inventive and peeing in areas that dont get rained on alot... under the table and BBQ, in the flower garden area.

It used to be that I would have to take her outside on a leash when it rained because she would stay outside running through muddy grass, ESPECIALLY after a bath. Ahh, how I dont miss puppyhood

So, I was wondering how easy it would be to train her to use pads but in the summer months to let her go outside? How would I go about this? Or would it just be easier just to retrain completely to use pads? Would I basically just have to train her as if she was a puppy again, using a crate? Does that spray that makes them want to pee on a certain area really work???

I noticed that if she doesnt get outside in time she will chose to pee on our small rug. I hope that habit will come in handy She also will listen to me when I say go potty outside, so we will see if she really does understand that.

Thanx in advance everyone!
vcabbyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!