View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Critter
YT Addict

Default Knee issues/ possible surgery??

I was told long time ago that one of my yorkies would need surgery, that he had a loose knee cap. The doctor said he didnt want to do it until we knew it was really bothering him. Samson walks with a little skip in his walk but doesnt seem to mind. Well yesterday he really started limping and his leg is more stiff. When he goes outside to pee he wont put full weight on it to lift his leg so will then switch legs but then cant lift that leg to pee. I called the doctor but they cant get him in till Monday. We made sure he rested the afternoon. This morning it is much better but you can tell it is still bothering him. He will put full weight on both legs to see what's on a table so I know its not hurting him too bad, he is running when he really wants to see something (ex someone at the front door) but I know he needs to be looked at. Can someone tell me their experience with loose knee caps, at what point did your doctor do the surgery and what that experience was like for both you and your dog. This makes me so nervous. He is my baby.

Thanks in advance!!
Cris
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!