View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
Jaspermom
Yorkies Rock My World!

Love Healthy Eating Recipes from/for the Club

There are many YT people who have challenged themselves to start this New Year by eating healthier than they have in the past. Hope everyone is doing really well in your committment to change your eating habits!

To compliment this committment, I would like to begin this thread of Healthy Recipes. If anyone else would like to post, you are welcome to. Please try to follow these rules:

1. The recipe needs to have healthy ingredients.
2. Should be low-fat or fat free.
3. Should be low-sodium.
4. Should be tested by the poster and known to be D-LICIOUS!!!

Have fun with this, everyone!

Fruity Angel Food
Ingredients:
1 Angel Food Cake
2 cups fresh or frozen berries of your choice (I use a bag of frozen mixed fruit: peaches, strawberries, and blueberries)
1 container Fat Free Cool Whip
Prepare ahead so berry juice has time to soak in!

Either make your own Angel Food cake, or purchase one at your local grocery store. Although I am sure you will find this correct, read your label and find a fat free cake. (egg whites only)

Clean or thaw and slice berries. If using fresh tart berries, stir in 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons Splenda

Cut a 1 inch deep channel in the top of the cake with a sharp knife. Cut the cake that came from the channel into small pieces and mix with the fruit. Fill the channel with the fruit and cake mixture, and use the remainder to fill the hole in the center of the cake, retaining a few berries for decoration. Using Fat Free Cool Whip, frost the cake and put the retained berries on top. YUMMY!
And here you go Villette!!
Carrot Cake. (adjusted recipe from the American Heart Association cookbook)
Ingredients:
Fat Free cooking spray
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon applesauce
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 cups grated carrots (2 medium)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup dry roasted walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square cake pan with fat free cooking spray.

In large bowl whisk together egg beaters, sugars, applesauce, and yogurt. In another large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Add to liquid ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix! Pour batter into cake pan.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, and use the toothpick test to determine if done. Serve topped with fat free cool whip.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!