Thread: Im So SAD!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #20
LaviniaHyacynth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tali and Scout View Post
I am sorry to hear about Vivi too. Scout had heart failure. This was one of my biggest fears was to have any congenital problems. I even asked the breeder about the line, asked about liver shunts...I miss him so much!
I understand your fear....I was terrified I would fall in love with another puppy only to discover them sick with liver shunt. I researched and interviewed breeders before choosing Bear. I decided to go for the robust and active puppy and then I had him tested via Bile Acid Tests as soon as he was old enough. My vet and i cried on the phone when he called to tell me he was fine....after so many years of devastating phone calls with bad news, the good news was emotional. Congenital issues are difficult but I just had to believe that it wasn't going to happen again....of course, I did all I could on my end to find a good breeder with health histories of her line to share and an excellent health contract. I wish all the best and when it is time, you will find that beautiful and loving puppy.....someone said above and I agree, puppy kisses can heal the worst of broken hearts.

Bear healed my broken heart!
LaviniaHyacynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!