View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
cdra
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Not so happy about where my puppy came from :(

So, I've had my yorkie for 2 weeks now. I've had a few questions while I've had her and tried to contact the breeder and have discovered that she may not be as legitimate as I had hoped. Just to provide some background info, I've wanted a yorkie for years. I have researched the breed and read through the forums extensively. I was going to begin my search for the puppy very soon. My dear boyfriend who knew I wanted a puppy decided to take it upon himself to get me the puppy. Now I'm not being ungrateful in any way. The thing is that he is not as thorough/knowledgeable as I am in the selection process. That's not to say I'm an expert, but I have looked into it for a while and had a good idea of what I wanted. After all, this is a 15 year commitment.
So he takes me for a ride and we end up at some ladies house. She has the mommy yorkie there and hands me a puppy. She was already paid for and a refund was not possible at this point. I ask her a bunch of questions like how long has she been breeding and can I see the father and so forth. She had good responses for all my questions. This really was the point of no return so I took my puppy home. I took my puppy, Roxy, to the vet right away. The vet said she looked good. The only thing he noticed was that one k9 on the bottom was slightly going into her gums but he said this may correct itself when her grown up teeth come in. So far my only concern is loose stools but the vet said it's most likely due to switching her food from beniful to nature's variety instinct. She is very active, drinks and eats well and not dehydrated. The breeder was no help on this which was a red flag for me.
So when we get home I look over her "papers". She was microchipped and had her puppy shots. She did not have any registration papers. I call the breeder who tells me she has to look for them and to call her back. After 4 days of phone tag I speak with her and she wants me to come pick it up tomorrow. She tells me the puppy is registered with the APR which I have never heard of. I looked it up and it doesn't sound too nice. Basically means anyone can register any puppy they claim to be purebred.
So I guess the point of me typing this out is to vent and get some opinions. She is mine and I can't send her back or just get rid of her. I'm just a little disappointed I didn't get to pick her out myself and get the puppy I really wanted. I won't love her any less. It's not her fault. I'm just saying. Can you guys take a look at her pics. I'm at the point where I'm doubting everything so I want you guys to look and tell me if she at least looks pure yorkie. I know it can be hard to tell but you guys have seen so many so maybe you can give me you honest opinion.

The last 2 pics were after a grooming disaster. He shaved her body down so I just shaved her head down so it would grow back evenly. Her ears aren't standing yet. I figured I would wait until the end of the month and tape them if they are not up by then.
Attached Thumbnails
Not so happy about where my puppy came from :(-photo1.jpg   Not so happy about where my puppy came from :(-photo123.jpg   Not so happy about where my puppy came from :(-photo.jpg  

Last edited by cdra; 06-16-2011 at 12:38 PM.
cdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!