View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
As I was boogeying down the 4-lane towards Wally World this evening who but a huge, gigantic snapping turtle should start across the road. Being the animal loving idiot that I am I slammed on the brakes - in the left hand lane of a busy 4-lane state highway and hopped out of my car.

I tried to schootch him out of the road, but nothing I did encouraged him to turn around and head towards safety, nothing doing, he was crossing the road. Hummm why did the turtle cross the road? Anyway about the time I decided that if I didn't move my car I would die another car stopped to help. Like two middle aged chubby girls are REALLY going to grab a snapping turtle by the tail. This joker was gigantic - the biggest snapper I've seen in a long while.

And alas our knight in shining armour, well an old rusty ford stops blocking the other lane of traffic. He bravely picks up the snapper and then promptly drops him when the snapper lives up to his name and showed his chompers. Another quickie attempt and the turtle is tossed to safety. We all get into our respective cars and go our separate ways.

I guess the turtle dude is ok 'cause I didn't see a smashed flat snapper in the middle of the road on my way home from Wally World a hour or so later.

You know, I'll probably never see the brave turtle tosser and fellow rescuer. It was a special magical moment that I just had to share.
I love it! What a great story to wake up to! It's stories like these that help balance the heart-wrenching stories, ya know?

Bless your big heart for stopping and helping that turtle .

As for why he wanted to get to the other side, this is the eternal question of our times...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!