View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
joey301
Yorkie Yakker

Default Good luck brushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by addevo View Post
The timing of this thread was perfect, I just had our new little rescue Yorkie's teeth cleaned last week. Our vet called to tell me he was done with the procedure,and really "read me the riot act" about how important it will be to brush his teeth daily. She said even annual cleanings aren't enough for Yorkies.

Luckily, the new guy is very compliant and easy to handle, so he's been great about letting me brush his teeth. But I didn't know you can floss, too.

What do you use to floss your dog's teeth? Regular human dental floss? How well does your dog tolerate getting flossed?

Also, do you or anyone else have any experience with CET's chews?

Amazon.com: C.E.T. Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews for Petite Dogs, 30 Chews: Kitchen & Dining
My little ones are both 6 now. I have brushed their teeth with CET EVERY DAY since they were babies. This year, they both lost mega amounts of teeth. The vet said it would be even worse without the brushing. I really don't think brushing did any good at all though. It is very discouraging to put so much effort for them, for nothing. Years ago, I had a Maltese, and I did not brush her teeth, but she had much better dental health.
Joey
joey301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!