View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
REDStacey123
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 Licking skin/outer-area of penis & raw, very red

I have searched numerous threads & have not seen anything quite like this....

My Yorkie-poo, Flash went to a new groomer on Friday. (2day is Sunday.) I had him cut pretty short but def not shaved. We went camping this weekend....taking Flash & our Yorkie-poo-shihtzu, Fred with us....in our new fifth wheel.

Beginning last night, Flash could not make up his mind where he wanted to sleep....with us in bed (as usual), on the floor, or on the couch...but all night he was restless. Early this AM, he started licking his penis....I don't know how to best explain so plz bear with me....but it's the outer/external skin covering the whole penis- it's still 'inside'. Anyway, this evening has gotten progressively worse. The area is very red & sensitive to touch or even his own little leg touching it. The skin looks almost like a burn....or rug burn perhaps?? (He does love to stretch out & rub his belly as he pulls himself along, stretching....but I didn't see him do this yesterday....on our new, itchy carpet??) OR can it be some kind of infection or allergy from the groomer's place?? I just don't know!

He is okay if I hold him like a baby, on his back & hold his little legs just so they don't rub his belly/penis area.....& he sleeps pretty well this way. He also wants to be under covers or pillows. (He does burrow under my pillows at night but he generally does not like to be covered up.)

I do plan to take him to the vet tomorrow but don't know HOW serious this may be OR what I can do for him to get thru the night?? Any ideas plz? We both need some sleep 2night!
REDStacey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!