Thread: Gracie's Pups
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Here's some pics - immediately after birth. Not the best at this stage - will post more in time. Gracie is now "short sided" on her face...while hubby was getting ready to cut a cord she lean over to lick the puppy and her side face hair fell between the scissor blades! I told him "stop, her hair..." too late. Oh well, just hair I guess, but I'm kinda bummed - but so glad all the pups are doing well. They go to vet tomorrow for dewclaws and tails.
Like her last litter she had them quick and easy. It was kinda like, "hey you want a pup, here's one...plop, want another? okay, plop" LOL
Good thing I stay on standby/know the anticipated date...as she gives no warning...other than the typical nesting type behavior a day or two before. They are squimmy - crawling under her, then crying to get back...I'm thinking I'll leave the whelping box on the bed tonight so I can assist if needed during the night easier. I'm always finding thing to fret about. Just glad they're here without problems...as that is always a concern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gracie's 2nd litter 6 12 2011 016.JPG (96.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Gracie's 2nd litter 6 12 2011 017.JPG (93.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Gracie's 2nd litter 6 12 2011 001.JPG (96.0 KB, 50 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!