View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoulter1181 View Post
I've checked out YTCA referrals and so far have had no luck, either gotten no response or none have puppies available which is why I thought I'd post here

I will check out the dog shows though, that's a great idea I hadn't thought of that!

Also, I just put a price on here as I do not want to waste anyone's time. I know dogs cost money over their lifetime. Trust me, I'm on my second great dane and I have two labrador retrievers, one who has just had her second litter with 13 puppies that I am currently bottle feeding However, I have seen many breeders charging upwards of $1200 dollars and pimping the dogs as "teacups" & tinies. I am not interested in breeders like that who jack up their prices to make a quick buck.

Thanks for the advice!
As you have noted, it's not unusual for some breeds to have 13 puppies, at even 500 dollars a puppy, that's $6500 for the litter. Yorkies don't have many pups in a litter and two or three is average. So price seems more comparable, when you take litter size in to account. Are you planning on breeding your male or is he to be a pet?

Join today and remove this ad!