View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #13
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Doesn't sound to me like you were being too strict or mean at all. My sympathy goes to you --not your sweet barking little pup. Given the right night, three hours of barking could drive me up the wall.

I get jumped on every time I suggest this - but you are desperate - Try spraying something in her mouth that she absolutely hates the taste of when she starts on one of those barking sprees. I met a person that used Binaca mouth spray and it worked wonderfully. The dog just did not like the taste of it and it really helped keep the dog from barking. Binaca is something that we use to keep our breath fresh and wonderful - and it does have a fresh little kick to it. You know it is perfectly harmless - and with luck your dog won't like it at all. Or perhaps you can come up with something different that your dog doesn't like the taste of.

PS: I learned about this at my vet's office in the waiting room. The person who told me about it was told to do it by her dog trainer. The vet overheard the conversation and said, "I'll have to remember that one - sounds like something that might work to me."

Again - you certainly have my sympathy. It's time to bring the big guns out!!!! It's better than you turning into a raging maniac trying to get some sleep - right? That could be bad!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!