View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
MyLovelyNiko
Yorkie Yakker

Exclamation You won't believe this...

KATHY ACTUALLY EMAILED ME!

After every attempt I made to get in contact with her. Phone calls and email alike...she finally emails me after finding the review I left for her!

She claims that her vet did not find anything wrong with him and he must have picked it up at my house. My house that he was in for all of 14 hours.

Here is part of an article from Coccidia (Coccidiosis) in Dogs: A Cause of Diarrhea

A puppy is not born with the coccidia organisms in his intestine. However, once born, the puppy is frequently exposed to his mother's feces, and if the mother is shedding the infective cysts in her feces, then the young animals will likely ingest them and coccidia will develop within the young animal's intestines. Since young puppies, usually those less than six months of age, have no immunity to coccidia, the organisms reproduce in great numbers and parasitize the young animal's intestines. Oftentimes, this has severe effects.

From exposure to the coccidia in feces to the onset of the illness is about 13 days. Most puppies who are ill from coccidia are, therefore, two weeks of age and older. Although most infections are the result of spread from the mother, this is not always the case. Any infected puppy or kitten is contagious to other puppies or kittens. In breeding facilities, shelters, animal hospitals, etc., it is wise to isolate those infected from those that are not.

As I told her this morning. She was through with Niko and me as soon as he left her presence. And she STILL has not asked about him! Not even once!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!