View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #13
DevineMissM
BANNED!

The problem is not just surviving an attack by a rabid animal or even that one's dog may or may not be attacked. In my state if your dog bites someone (human) the police or animal control come out and ask for proof of rabies vacination. Doesn't matter if it's a toy dog or large dog. If your animal is not vacinated then he is 1) quarantined in an animal control facility or 2) put to death so his head can be examined by the state health dept. There is no inbetween. The authorites do not care about your dog! The laws do not care about your dog! The laws are written for the soul protection of HUMANS. They are only concerned about the welfare of humans. So the best thing one can do for their beloved pet is to vacinate him/her against this life threatening disease for his own protection against the very laws written to protect him. In my state only a valid rabies certificate will allow a dog to be quarantined at home if he should bite someone. Otherwise one must be prepared to keep a dog forever quarantined from the public or even from visitors to your home.
DevineMissM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!