View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
We've had good luck with Nature's Variety. We feed the Prairie formulas (grain inclusive) but their Instinct formulas are grain free. I buy it online at PetCareRX.com. They have very good prices and you get free shipping on all orders over $35. My maltese does have a little bit of tear staining though. Not sure if that is from the food, the grains in the food, or what. I've thought about trying the Instinct but haven't yet due to the high fat and protein contents. It is not too uncommon for dogs to have loose stools for a short time when switching foods, but that should stop after a short time. I avoid all foods made by Diamond now due to gas problems with all of them I've tried. This includes Diamond lines as well as other brands that they make for those companies, including Chicken Soup, Premium Edge, Diamond Naturals, Kirklands, Canidae, Solid Gold, Wellness. My dogs had the worst gas on any of those. We've had amost no gas at all with Nature's Variety.

my dogs have always had tear staining with every food we tried EXCEPT for nature's variety. We also use the prairie kinds, the pieces are small and my dogs seem to enjoy it very much. The tearing is gone and improved the first week they were on it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!