View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
roseylovestosho
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Confused Growling, growling, growling

Hi all,
I haven't posted in this forum in a while because quite honestly Teddy is an absolutely wonderful 8 month old pup. No biting, chewing, barking, accidents, I nipped all of it in the bud early on and Teddy is now being used to socialize puppies that come into daycare...I'm so proud of him

However, he's acting a little funny. We live on the second floor of an apartment building and he is gated in the dining room area so that he has access to the french doors so he can see outside whenever he likes. He started growling a little bit ago whenever he hears/sees anyone through the windows, which I thought was pretty normal. He would also growl/bark once if he hears people/voices coming up the stairs or if they knock on our door too. However, yesterday I had someone deliver some sushi and he went absolutely crazy barking! I'm not sure what to make of this? I guess the difficult balance for me is that I like that he is attentive to noises/voices outside that I wouldn't notice, but I also don't want him to bark excessively (it was close to howling) when I opened the door. How can I address his issue? I'm not sure how to balance this behavior other than completely eradicating it so that he is quiet all the time?

I appreciate your time,
Rose

Join today and remove this ad!