View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 AM   #7
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I use the Thundershirt for Bogey and he does best if it's on before any sign of the storms coming. So I have been paying close attention to the local weather and try to put it on him early. Last night I forgot to put it on him and he woke me up about 11ish shaking. I was so upset with myself for not remembering to put it on him. He was a mess but after having it on for a few hours and being awake with him he slowly calmed down. It's still storming here this morning and he has really settled down and is sleeping at my feet. Normally, he would be on my lap but when he has the TS on he lays on the floor next to my feet and if relatively calm.

The TS needs to be pretty snug to work well. Do you have it on snuggle? I'd also leave it on her at length. The first week he wore it almost all day and even slept in it. I did take it off daily to brush him and fix his topknot. The other thing that I have done for him is give him a dose of Rescue Remedy in addition to the TS. This even further takes that nervous edge off.

I know how upsetting it is to see our little ones so fearful of the storms but I know from my experience with Bogey the more I tried to comfort him the worse his behavior became. If I left him alone he did much better.

I can't believe it's still storming!
But after having the shirt on all night he is pretty settled down. Don't give up on it yet. It wasn't an immediate miracle fix for Bogey but it did help and continued to approve with a little tweaking.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!