View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
We have been having non stop thunder since 9 last night. It is now 4:20 am and Pixie is still frantic. I have her thundershirt on and it hasn't really helped, except she wasn't shaking as much with it on. She is glued to my arms and has been panting heavy for 7 hours. I don't know what to do for her. Until 2 weeks ago she was never effected by thunder in the least. I am hoping the storm has passed now and we can finally go to bed. I just gave her her dose of tramadol for her other problem and she seems to be settling down a bit. HAs anyone used the thundershirt and have it not work the first time? Any other suggestions for fear of thunderstorms? Thanks
You can try Rescue Remedy which is a herbal supplement, it might help her anxiety.
It has only helped a bit so far with Zoey who is scared of thunder. I was going to try to get a CD that had different sounds on it to see if we can de-sensitize her to thunder storms.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!