View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
MissFlora
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleys Momma View Post
For "watch me", since you have to uncondition your furbaby a bit, I would start as low to the ground as possible (literally lying on the floor with your head flat) so you are the least amount of intimidating to her as possible. Hold a special treat she enjoys the most (I poach chicken breasts for mine when trying to teach a brand new command). Then put the treat up between your eyes while saying the command "watch me". When she looks in your direction for the treat she will actually be making as close to eye contact with you as possible. Remember if if she doesn't look completely up, reward even a minor attempt. And then next time just "ask" for a little closer response.

Best of luck to you with your baby!
OH! That's what you meant. Lily and I will definitely be trying that. We've been working on "Follow me" I'm hoping eventually it will turn into "heel" I hold a treat in my hand and have her follow me. then she has to sit at my heel to get her treat. It works well indoors. But outdoors she is still too distracted by bunnies, bicycles and humans We're getting there, I think.
MissFlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!