View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #15
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness View Post
My other dogs vet is 2 miles from my home and he handles ER situations, so that kind of issue I am not worried about. The assistant talks to me like I am dumb when I bring up that it makes no sense to keep a dog overnight that will not be monitored, via bringing him home where he will be monitored. He reiterated again that the vet will re-evaluate Teddie between 4 and 5 and make the decision whether or not he will release Teddie to us to bring home. I even brought up how I have a pom, had him neutered, and cared for him without incident...he just said "uh-huh." Not liking the assistant now at all. He mentioned again how they could administer drugs to make Teddie sleep through the night. Not kosher, no warm and fuzzy there.
I think I would start taking this dog to your other dog's vet. Not sure why two different vets - maybe I missed that somewhere on the thread?

I agree w you, if there is noone there to monitor an animal post surgery, what's the point?

You might also want to tell the vet how the office staff are not giving you the warm and fuzzies - on the way out the door to the other vet. I'm not sure if the vet even knows you are being talked to like this or being given this information.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!