View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
NewYorker10
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help!!! New baby in home and sudden peeing everywhere!

Nikko (1.5 years old) was mostly peed pad trained, aside from the occasional accident. We had a (human) baby 2 months ago and thought Nikko had adjusted well until this week. He has started peeing all around the house and barely uses his pee pads. He will sometimes pee literally a foot away from his pee pad, so it's not like he can't make it to the appropriate place. He has already ruined the hardwood floor in our bedroom and my husband is completely disgusted. I'm hoping someone here will have a good suggestion on how to stop this becuase I'm at the end of my rope. He clearly knows where to go and is just choosing to go where he wants.

As a little background, Nikko is neutered, has been for close to a year. We always praise him when he pees or poos on his pads, he even gets treats a lot of them time after he "goes". He has not been to the vet yet but we are due to take him soon. We have been making a point to give him extra attention since the new baby came home.

ETA- I have thought about crate training him but he pees in his crate, always has. I know they say a dog won't pee in their crate but for some reason this doesn't apply to him! I put him in his crate the other day while I went out for an hour and he had peed by the time I got home. This makes me think crate training is probably not going to work so well (unless we teach him to pee in the crate, lol).

Last edited by NewYorker10; 06-06-2011 at 12:53 PM.
NewYorker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!