View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlProgeny View Post
Can anyone post a link to the polls that were referred to here? Roxxy is running out of the First Shield Trio given to her at Banfield and I'm not going to use that anymore. I was thinking of the frontline plus since ticks are common in the northeast. I would like to see the opinons of others about what to use.

The directions for that med (1st shield) was to put btwn the shoulder blades. I don't know much but I would not follow directions to put it on the bum, no mater what it said. I too was worried about giving to such a small animal, it just doesn't make sense to me that dosing for a 2lb dog would be the same for a 25lb dog. I refused to put it on her until she got up to at least 3lbs and then the vet said that half of the tube would be sufficient; even then I was/am reluctant.

I really would like to hear others' experiences; I know for a fact that even human meds really go by weight and not just age so it's just really hard for me to believe that an eleven inch 3 lb pooch needs the same as a 6mo lab. I know back in the day, everyone used flea collars; are they even still around? Are they effective? Roxxy is my first dog in over 25 years, I've had indoor cats so everything in doggie world is like new to me.

I too live in the northeast and have been using Frontline Plus on my dogs without any problems since they were puppies. I apply half of the frontline in between their shoulder blades. I also use Interceptor for my dogs year round for heartworm prevention.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!