View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
annah1043
Yorkie Yakker

Omg Eyes gunk so bad; skin raw!! Help!!

I have been fighting with Millie's bad eyes for almost a year now; nothing seems to work. They water all the time, we give her benadryl. She is on California Natural Lamb and Rice food, which she loves. But her eyes are AWFUL. She is allergic to chicken we know, but we've had that under control for a long time, and she doesn't scratch anymore. She has been to the vet to check for blocked tear ducts, been on two antibiotics. Her eyes clear up, but go right back to being very gunky. I am doing everything I can to wipe them and keep her face clean. I recently discovered while bathing her that her poor skin on her nose is RAW and almost bleeding, I guess from all the constant moisture. I have to really pull back the hair there and look, but it's definitely irritated and red. I felt SO bad when I saw that, but I am lost! I've mentioned her eyes to the vet several times, and he tells me to use the daily saline for her eyes, but she FREAKS. I really don't want to use anything like Angel Eyes because of the constant antibiotic. She is only 3 lbs so I worry about her little body with all the medications. Please help me!! Has anyone has any experiences like this?
annah1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!