View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Default zowi has trace amounts of blood / protein in urine :(

i am a very concerned momma right now. my 10 1/2 year old baby girl zowi has been urinating more frequent than usual, and having potty accidents in the middle of the kitchen floor. this is very unlike her, so i decided to take her to see our beloved dogtor yesterday. she did an in house urinalysis that showed trace amounts of blood and protein in her urine. she said that it is done with a test strip that sometimes isn't sensitive enough to pick up on everything. so she sent it out to the lab yesterday for further evaluation and will call with the results of that today when she gets them.
zowi received an antibiotic injection yesterday and will start on 2 weeks worth of clavamox later on today. we are hoping that this is just the beginning of a urinary tract infection. i am so worried, hoping this isn't kidney problems.... has anyone else had this similar result with thier furbaby? if yes, what was the outcome????
last august zowi had bloodwork and urinalysis done as a routine check up. that is when she started to gain some weight, so we wanted to rule out a thyroid problem, etc. bloodwork was perfect but urinalysis had trace amounts of protein. she had same round of antibiotics and 2 weeks later was retested urinalysis and it came back perfect. there haven't been any other problems untill now.
zowi has also lost a little bit of weight. if she did not have these other symptoms, it would be a good thing, but now i'm a bit concerned. we have been feeding her blue buffalo weight management and excersing her as much as possible with lots of walks and dog park running. plus, our one year old yorkie pixie does encourage her to be more active. in february before her dental she weighed 10.6 pounds. her doc said she would like to see her weigh 9 pounds. yesterday zowi weighed 10 pounds even. february's bloodwork also came back perfect.
so any positive thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated as always! thank you so much in advance! you guys are the best!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!