View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Ninja
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile No puppy yet, but looking forward to it!

Hi! I am very new to this site. I unfortunately have to admit that I do not have a puppy to love yet. I started doing my research about a month ago to try to find the best dog to fit my lifestyle. I finally decided that a yorkie would be the best option for me and started to do more in depth research and trying to find more specific facts about the breed. I think I have learned SO much just from browsing this forum. I have also found somebody locally who has owned yorkies for the past 7 years and one of her females just had a litter. They puppies will be 3 months next week and I have been over there a few times already to see which one I would like. I think I am leaning towards a little girl. I'm very excited to be a mommy! I have grown up in a house filled with pets my whole life and when I had to go to college it felt so horrible not being in a house full of pets. But now that I am in my final year of college and have the funds to take care of a pet sufficiently, I think I am ready. But I did have a few questions for everybody because I am a little worried and want to make sure that I have the best environment for my new pup.

What are some things I should purchase before I get my puppy? How do I find a good vet? Is it possible to litter box train my puppy? Is a 3 bedroom apartment big enough for my puppy? How can I get my puppy comfortable with his new home? Is it possible for me to train my puppy myself instead of sending him to a professional trainer? Also any other facts and information would also be very appreciated! TIA!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!