View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Crystal my general vet said to me on Wed that Advantix is very toxic and doesn't recommend it for Razzle.

I'm going to go back and read the polls ... is there an adverse reaction reporting site for advantix?
Probably not. Since both ingredients are pesticides, it would be monitored by the EPA. If they have a reaction database online, I have no idea where to find it.

I assume he is talking about the permethrin in the Advantix. It can make dogs feel like something is crawling on them. I'm sure it has caused death in some cases, but then they probably all have. Also, it's extremely toxic to cats. I'm not a fan of it, but in some areas of the US where ticks are a major issue (with the diseases that they carry), it's almost unavoidable. If ticks aren't a major concern, no way would I use it. In fact, Ellie's vet office stopped carrying in because of the itchiness side effect, I'm told. But if I live in an area with lots of ticks and tick diseases and the Frontline wasn't working, I'd be considering it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!