View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
ASTPhi877
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My beautiful but oddly-coated furball!

My Lucy's hair does NOT mat. I mean, EVER. I went on a two week road trip, leaving the dogs home with their daddy, and I can almost guarantee that he probably brushed her all of one time... Still, nothing! A few tangles, but no mats, and he left the harness on her almost the whole time (I fussed at him when I got home, no worries). AND she has the green eye shine. And her coat is thin, not thick like the cotton coats, and cool to the touch. BUT...

I've seen a silky coat, and her's is nowhere near that shiny! So what's up? I feed her Orijen Regional Red, she has the Chris Christenson wooden pin brush, and I just started her on Missing Link Plus. So, what could it be? Is it possibly that she is still young (just over a year) and hasn't finished changing her texture, yet? She for sure is still changing colors. Or could it be the shampoo I use? It's an anti fungal shampoo I got from the vet when she had ringworm awhile ago, and I just use human conditioner. Could the anti fungal be damaging her coat? Or could the fact that she had chronic ear infections for awhile affect her coat in any way?

I just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions, since all the signs point to a silky coat, minus the silky shine.
ASTPhi877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!