View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #25
Twitterpate
Yorkie Yakker

@Nancy1999

And you are entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine.

I was under the impression that this particular thread was to forewarn potential buyers of a particular broker site.

I was not under the impression that this thread or this forum was to make a blanket attack on breeders and question their credibility due to simply offering a way for buyers to place a deposit on their online site using an online ability to place a deposit on a particular pup they are interested in.

My original post was stated in such a way as to remind everyone that the sight of a PayPal logo doesn't make it ALWAYS the case, since this was brought up and was not what this thread was about.

So since by your own words, my EXCUSE is the same as byb's, I'll clarify with some of the other statements you also made:

1) I sell 1-2 litters a year, using my dogs and the dogs of a 30-yr established breeder in my area, to avoid line-breeding.
2) I am not "in the business" of selling dogs. Since I'm in the hole about $6400 this year so far, it's a good thing. I don't keep track of what I've spent on rescues, I would probably cry.
3) I breed for the betterment of the breed IMO, probably not yours.
4) My "business" is as a Caseworker for the Dept of Social Services. My "hobby" is studying the pedigrees, DNA's and genotypes of my dogs, playing with them, loving them, making sure they are happy, healthy, tested, and safe. Oh yea, and occasionally breeding them when it appears to be a good match that will enhance what I am breeding for.

If I sound insulted, it's because I am. Only because I don't care for my credibility to be questioned over something so stupid, I answered. You may choose to now flame away, or actually continue this discussion on the thread it is actually supposed to be on. I'll leave you to yourselves.
~Twitterpate
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!