View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

I'm so sorry this is happening.

I agree with Brit...You need to figure out what triggers her aggression, food or toy whatever it maybe...and start training now before it get way out of control.

This is my story and how I'm handling it...I have 3 yorkies now Bella, Harley and my new girl Ivy Lou...All are spayed and neutered...When I first got Harley, Bella was mean to him if he had a toy or anything...Bella thought ALL the toys and chewies where hers and she would go after him...so what I did...I put all the toys and chewies up and would only allow them to play with them when I was playing with them...as soon as Bella started to get aggressive I would stop all play and put the toys and chewies up and put Harley in his play yard...no more playing....well she quickly learned that if she got pissy play time was over and she didn't like that...Harley is now almost 9 mos old, I no longer have to keep the toys put up...they play well together now and Bella hasn't got aggressive with Ivy Lou at all, Ivy is 9 mos old, we have only had her for 3 weeks so I hope Bella's good behavior continues...but I do have to keep all chewies put up, she thinks they are all hers, she is very greedy..LOL..She will go and take Ivy's and Harley's from them...so no chewies until bed time than I take 3 up, DH will hold Bella's chewie cause she insist on it LOL and I hold Ivy's and Harley's while they chew...once everyone is done I put them up until the next night.

Bella don't have any food aggression at all with them or me...When I'm giving treats I make all 3 sit in front of me and stay, than I give the treats...so far so good..so my problem was dog aggression...We are still working on the chewie aggression but I'm hopeful it will work out.

So don't give up on your baby girl....you can correct the problem with consistent training...you may need to put her in an xpen when giving treats while training so she can't get to him or better yet put her harness and leash on...wrap the leash up in your hand, make them both sit in front of you before giving the treat...than give her a treat first so she feels special, than give Bentley one...watching her very closely at the same time and if she goes for his treat or to attack him...pull her quickly away, at the same time say "no leave it" looking her in the eye. This will also teach her...that she isn't in charge and neither is Bentley that you are and that Bentley isn't a threat....if that makes since...Good luck hun, hang in there...I hope it all works out for you and your babies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!