View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Carol607
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Need your feedback-would you go back to this restaurant?

Ok-this is a little long but I want to be sure you have the right context. There is a neighborhood restaurant that we go to frequently and have spent tons of money at over the last 15 years. A few years ago, they opened up an outdoor area. Before our previous yorkie got too sick to go, we took her to eat out there a couple times with no problem. Last year we waited to the end of the summer to bring our new yorkie, Jamie, since we wanted to be sure she was grown up enough. We knew that we were in for trouble when we walked out there and a couple was fighting with each other. The woman gave me a look that could kill. I knew she wasn't happy about the dog. I went to sit as far away as possible from them. Jamie was an absolute angel througout the dinner. You would never have known she was there if not for a few people who came to admire her and pet her. When we went to pay, our waitress told us that the couple had written really nasty things about the dog on the comment card. She also said that they were the nastiest people, never had been to this restaurant before and were not happy when they came in. She told me that she already had spoken to the owner about them and how great Jamie was and not to worry. On the way out of the restaurant, I checked in with the owner and he reassured me that all was ok and to bring Jamie back.

Fast forward to this year. We spoke to a couple of the senior waiters and let them knew we would be bringing Jamie when the weather got nice and we said we would eat early so the outdoor area would not be crowded. They were very enthusiatic about it. My DH called for reservations for 5pm on a Saturday night and told them we would be bringing the dog and wanted to eat outside. An hour later we got a call back from the manager who said that we couldn't bring the dog because the owner said there were a couple of complaints and he couldn't take a chance. I argued briefly with the manager and said that as far as I knew there was only one complaint from that nasty couple and the owner had welcomed us back. He then asked me if we were keeping the reservation without the dog and I said no.

I really don't plan to go back to this restaurant. It is not only the fact that they chose some unknown cranky customers over us, who could have eaten inside if they were that perturbed, it is also that the owner himself did not call us. What does everybody think?
Carol607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!