View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #11
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
Ever since we got our Yorkies almost nine years ago we have not had much problem with fleas until last year. That is when we noticed the dogs getting fleas, expecialy Ruby our little cotton coat Yorkies. My guess is because of the texture of her hair. And with Quincy... we found out that he is allergic to them. He will just go mad itching and tearing out his hair in search of some relief.

Thank goodness our home has been Flea Free for the past 8 years. They are only on the animals. But when we did have fleas in the home it was really Bad to say the least. That is when I found this little bright idea.

Dish Soap Flea Trap:

1. Shallow dish (a glass pie pan work well).
2. Add soap, mix well
3. White paper (computer paper)
4. Get the safest bright light you can find (If you can find a bright plug in night light that would work).

Place the dish with soap and the paper under it right under the night light each night before you go to bed. If you see no results: add more soap or use a different "Much Brighter Light".

Leave it down over night and in the morning you will be amazed how many fleas you will kill with this trap. It so easy! If it works, than add one or two more in different areas in your home. You must also take care of the animals and bedding but this is a big help in ridding those Ankle Bitting pain in the butts!!

This is simular to what I used when we had fleas take over our home years ago: How to Make a Flea Trap - wikiHow
Clever idea and not dangerous for the babies either!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!