View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
schnug
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymae View Post
Your baby is probably in pain from something. Have you checked the anal glands ? Do you allow your baby to jump on & off of furniture ? if yes then it could be a spinal issue. Don't know when your appt is but I would get this pup in somewhere Today. Please update after the vet visit. Praying it's nothing too serious.
Welcome to YT.
Thank you for the response. Please note that this issue comes and goes and last for 5-15 minutes before he is 100% OK again. We haven't noticed it for over a month until yesterday again (when video was taken). At present he is feeling fine but I do plan on taking him as early as tomorrow. He also does not yelp etc.

Here are some notes re. the symptoms:
We notice it happen every few weeks or so. We haven't seen it in over a month until this morning.
-He will put his tail between his legs, cuddle up against my wife, curl his back in and begin to shake. He will stay in one position and although he is physically capable of moving he does not want to.
-The shaking seems seems to originate from his hind legs or lower back.
-During this he tries to get at his back paws or anus or penis -- I cannot tell which, most of the time he sits in one spot uncomfortably
-I think he is mentally alert because he would shake a paw although appears to be very uncomfortable
-The shaking lasts for several minutes typically and then he is fine again, so we think it may happen more than we notice.
-We cannot pinpoint an exact moment it starts, as the circumstances seem different every time. This morning he appeared fine out of his cage and after he came in from doing his business it started. But that does not appear to always be the case.
-He does not display any verbal signs of pain and is unusually reluctant to take treats but will.
-The symptoms are reminiscent (exactly the same even, but with less severity now) of when his "lipstick was out" before he was neutered. Sometimes still (~10-15% of the time) in the morning his penis is out a little bit and we have to manually help him put it back in. It was the first thing checked this morning and it was not sticking out.

Thanks,

S
schnug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!