View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
AlicetheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Ya know, I really don't know what the heck is going on because so many people are complaining that they can't get rid of fleas even though they're using vet prescribed and recommended products. I personaly haven't had a problem since there honestly don't seem to be any fleas in my yard or neighborhood (haven't used a preventative at all since we've lived in this house except for when we go on campling trips and haven't seen one single flea). Alice had a few on her when I first got her but one bath in Dawn and one dose of Frontline Plus and not a single one since.

I'm starting to think that some areas are just so heavily infested that even the best products just can't keep up. All the wet weather may have something to do with it. I'd say the Frontine Plus is a better choice than Revolution if your problem is really bad though or Advantix (regular Advantage if you have a cat). Don't give up on the Frontline just yet though - they say that with a big infestation that it can take 3 months of useage before the entire problem is alleviated, although I'd think it would be much faster if an exterminator was also used. There could be eggs in your furniture that aren't being killed like the adult ones are and they're hatching and that's when you see the fleas again? I do know that Frontline is supposed to kill all 3 life stages of the fleas though, so that will get rid of everything on the dogs.

I would really be pulling my hair out - hopefully the exterminator will help and I'd look for something else to treat the yard with again if they don't (just make sure you follow directions carefully about when you can let your little ones out there, I think you have to let it dry then go over it with a hose before they can go on the lawn).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!