View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjflash View Post
I am at my wits end and my heart is breaking. My little 1 1/2 yr old female (Neesa) is attacking my 6 yr old Husky X with no provocation. He is scared to death of her and is now starting to fight back. She is a 10 lb fury and goes right for his face and has bitten my husband in aboout the worst place possible while being pulled off the Husky. When we were pulling her off him, my extremely mild mannered 7 yr old Rottie (whom Neesa has also attacked), joined in and tried to also attack Neesa. I have read Cesars books, Followed his methods, Hired a behaviorist (at $100 an hour), to no avail. It will feel like she is getting better and then WHAM ! she attacks. Sometimes I can catch the escalation and intervene before the Red Zone, but other times it is out of the blue. She came to us at 5 mths and had an attitude with the Husky from the start. I know that I have loved not wisely but too much and have humanized her. The behaviorist has me being much more strict, no couch, no bed, little overt affection unless she is calm-submissive, more walks, more socialization, crate at night..but her big problem really seems to be the Husky. She is staying with my daughter right now with her 2 large dogs and is not causing any real problems yet? I am scared to death that while I try all these methods to keep her, the day will come when I do not stop the fight in time and she will be hurt or killed. Would an electric collar on vibration help. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her. I so have another little male and the big dogs love him, groom him, etc. What is happening. PLEASE HELP!
In my oh-so-humble opinion, I feel, she needs to be re-homed, to a one dog only, home.

She is too small to defend herself, and you need to remember, dogs are pack animals, and often, all the dogs will join in & attack one dog, and kill that dog.

I know it would be very difficult for you to give her up, but having her killed, is not something you would want.
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!