View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
DevynChaeli
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Silas the Morkie: Some obedience questions...

Hi there everyone!
I just joined this forum, and I hope that I can get some good info from knowledgeable owners!

My husband and I adopted a Maltese/Yorkie hybrid who is around 1 and 1/2 years old. We got him from a bad situation; he was housed with 3 pitbulls and we think he was abused in that home as well. The woman we got him from said they only had him a few weeks, but we don't know for sure. When we got him he wouldn't even eat out of a bowl because he was so nervous about other dogs coming to the bowl.

Anyways, we have had him for a month or two now, he's adjusted very well, and he's very quick to learn tricks and listens really good, but when were on walks, if another dog is even in his field of view, he just freaks out, refuses to listen and jumps all over the place and slips out of his collar.

So, we got him a harness for walks, which is working very well, but he still refuses to listen to us when were out on walks, especially around any other dog. He gets very anxious and excited and we don't know how to help him!

We've been talking him around to parks and Petsmart to get him used to other people and dogs, but it doesn't seem to matter, he freaks out regardless!

Is there any suggestions you can give me to get him to calm down or some good training techniques?

Thanks!
DevynChaeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!